Personal Story Questions
Download and print "Personal Story Guide for New Groups" as a PDF
Parents and Siblings
- Where were you born?
- Where were you raised?
- How many brothers and sisters do you have?
- What is/was your relationship with your parents and siblings like?
- Tell a story from your childhood or adolescence that gives insight into your family.
Spouse and Children
- Have you ever been married before and if so, how long and how long have you been separated or divorced?
- How many children, if any, do you have and what are their names and ages?
Vocation and Education
- Where did you go to school?
- What did you study or what do you now wish you had studied?
- Where do you work and how do you spend your waking hours?
- If you could do anything but what you do now, what would it be?
Hobbies and Interests
- What do you enjoy doing with your spare time?
- If rich uncle George died and left you $50,000 that you had to spend and you had one month off, what would you do with the money and time?
- What have you never done that you wish you could do?
God and Church
- What church, if any, were you raised in?
- What were you taught about God as a child?
- What has been your most significant encounter with God?
- Describe the state of your relationship with God now.
- What would you like your relationship with God to be five years from now?
- When you die and stand before God, what would you like for his first words to you to be?