Connect With Us
Sharing Your Baptism Story
Your baptism is your public declaration that you are a disciple of Jesus Christ. So, we want to hear about your life and relationship with God!
One of the most powerful aspects of baptism at Oasis Church is the video testimony shown right before your baptism. The video allows you to share how Christ has been working in your life. Prerecording allows you to do as many takes as necessary, while sharing the message you have thoughtfully and prayerfully prepared ahead of time. Many people ask, "Do I have to do the video?" The answer is yes, if you want to be baptized at Oasis. Baptism is meant to be a public profession and it is an incredible opportunity to share God's message of redemption with thousands of people. We have witnessed the life changing effects these videos have had on people's lives.
Another important reason we do a video is that we, as a congregation grow in our faith by watching these stories. It allows friends, family, and even those you don't know to celebrate the amazing transformation God has worked in your life.
Some people are nervous about taping their stories, but we work hard to make the process both simple and fulfilling. We want baptism to be a meaningful and enjoyable experience, and we look forward to walking through it with you!
We allot about 2 minutes for each person to share about their life.
This is the general outline of what we are looking for:
- Your life before Jesus Christ (you don’t need to go into sordid details but a general idea is helpful). Indeed, it is necessary to understand where we have came from in order to really appreciate what Christ has done in our lives! A brief summary will suffice.
- How, in faith and belief you began your relationship with Jesus Christ. (The journey up until your conversion and the conversion experience itself).
- The difference Jesus Christ has made in your life, what God is doing in your life now and what the future has in store.
- End with a solid statement about why you are here today. eg. "That's why I am here today, to publicly declare my love for Jesus Christ."
Note: Please make sure points 2 and 3 are the emphasis of your testimony and that they take up the bulk of the time. Testimonies are really statements of praise for all the good God has done in our lives.
Stuff to Bring
- On the day of your shoot, please bring three tops (preferably light in colour) in case the patterns or color of your clothing affects how it looks on camera. Please refrain from wearing t-shirts because they can be difficult to place the microphone on, or shirts with a lot of graphics as they can be distracting.
- Bring a couple things that relate to your story (this can include photos, a reminder card, or Bible), just something to help people perhaps relate to your story to aid in the visual aspects of the video.